Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You remind me of the babe

What babe?
-The babe with the power
What power?
-Power of voodoo
Voodoo?
-You do
Do what?
-Remind me of the babe.

I was watching series three of 24 last night. Surely no viewing should be that compulsive. I'm an intelligent human being (though I often think that might be an contradiction in terms) so I see just how ludicrous it all is, but I jumped out of my seat at least twice already. And I've only seen the first four 'hours'.

There is some really good stuff out there. If only it was on terrestrial. Even quizmania's moved to itv2.

Also, following a conversation with a friend the other night I've got to respond to a few editorials about the threat from the BNP in the upcoming elections. More than one commentator has said, "but, of course, you can't blame the voters, because they do have legitimate concerns and are neglected by mainstream parties."

What bollocks. I've seldom heard such a massive pile of shit.

I've got legitimate concerns. I've been ignored by the government (both as a lobbyist and alongside a million others on the streets of London).

However, despite all that, I haven't thought to myself, 'OK, the answer is to vote for a racist party who'll kick out the foreigners'. People have to take responsibility for their own vote. That's what democracy's about.

And if you vote for the BNP I'll call you racist, just like those people who say, "I've got black friends, but these bloody immigrants..."

To summarise - want a protest vote? Fine. Try the Green Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home