Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Glorious days to sleep through

It's a beautiful day in sunny London, and I crawled out of bed only an hour ago. My show opened the day before yesterday, so I don't have to get up at frightening times in the morning for rehearsal.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, my theatre is located above a pub, so never an evening goes by without an amount of drinking going on. Hence my late start today. Hangovers. I suppose they remind you you're alive.

It has been a long few weeks with random happenings on my journeys home. For example, last night I was called upon to help a damsel in distress. True, she was not tied to train tracks so much as she'd run out of petrol, but I still felt pretty good about myself for lending a hand.

Sitting here, typing, I also have the TV on, and feel compelled to declare my undying love for Alex Lovell, presenter of Brainteaser on Channel Five. She's so unfailingly cheerful, and positive, and I would swear that she's sincere in her desire to have me call the programme. Occasionally there's a panic in her eyes that makes me want to protect her from the world.

Anyway, that's about it for today, except for a bit of shameless self-promotion. Anyone in the North London area in the next couple of weeks, please come to see Crime and Punishment (in a double-bill with Ghelderode's Women at the Tomb) at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre, Kentish Town. Tue-Fri, 8pm; Sat, 7pm; Sun, 6pm. No show on Mondays. For more details check the Act Provocateur link on the right.

-How do you feel about eternal life?
-We couldn't just start with a coffee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home