Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Thursday, September 21, 2006

By all the Gods!

I just typed up a whole blog, and Blogger went weird and ate it. I hate whem that happens. Nevertheless, true soldier that I am I shall do it again. It won't be exactly the same, but I shall get the gist of it down, hopefully. I believe I started with some hyperboly by crying,

ODIN'S BEARD! I hadn't meant to leave it nearly three weeks before blogging. Life's minutiae really will get in the way of everything if you let it. And it has been minutiae. Only a few things of merit since I got back from Scotland and recovered from festival whiplash. Chief among them:

- Sullen co-worker quit, making my life a lot easier.
- Got very drunk at a friend's birthdaytwo weeks ago, got alcohol poisoning and had to take the next day off work, resulting in a serious telling off.
- Went to the Slimelight on Saturday and didn't have to be carried out, which is a first.

As for the future, my main causes for happiness are two impending visits back to Clevedon. On 30th my dad and I are off to see the Scarlets v Harlequins in Llanelli. On 24th, I'm just visiting home to see family and friends. First time seeing my family all together in what feels like a very long time, but is really only about two months. I shall also see Good Friend Who Is A Director [Billy and I must come up with better names for our mutual friends] for the first time since he announced his engagement. Since getting engaged there has been a marked decrease in double- (and single-) entendres. I don't know that I approve of this new piety.

My other happy thought is the short film I intend to direct over the course of the next couple of months. It'll be based on a poem by Charled Bukowski called The Idiot. If anyone happens to have that text I'd be very grateful, as the volume of poetry in which it's contained (Last Night of the Earth Poems) costs £15 and I don't want to pay that when I'm only after the one poem. I did try photographing the relevant pages but the camera in my phone isn't up to the task.

Other Housemate's Ex pointed out that Bukowski himself would probably approve if I were to simply steal the book. Deputy Boss suggested that I work better when not in prison. Though I don't know; I've never tried working in a prison, maybe my work would be better. And I've always felt I'm letting the side down in never having been arrested.

Until next time...


-I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode.

6 Comments:

At 11:05 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Borrow it from the library and photocopy the page.

Ah, students and their copyright infringing/money-saving tricks!

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Billy said...

Is Bukowski still alive? Ring him up, from work of course, and get him to recite the poem.

Record the call.

Sorted.

 
At 11:53 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, go with Billy's idea: much more creative.

 
At 2:40 am, Blogger Billy said...

Actually it's not such a good idea, Bukowski is dead and has been for 11 years.

Ring up Bukowski's biggest fan?

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger corin said...

I think I'm going with Hannah's idea; really it was just laziness - the closest library I know has a copy is Pimlico.

 
At 9:51 am, Blogger Tim F said...

Is this the one you mean?

Frightful boils Bukowski had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home