Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Friday, June 30, 2006

The most frightening thing I can thing of

At work yesterday, my friend (and frequently saviour-of-sanity) gave me a copy of the Independent. Within, I found the most lucid expression of fears and anxieties I've been harbouring for some time.

Please, please, please read this article. You can find it at:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1129827.ece

And then, if you happen to be in the London area on Sunday afternoon, maybe join me in Parliament Square where I shall be having some tea, perhaps wearing a costume (fortunately, as an actor, I have several handy), and not protesting in any way.

I shall probably blog again a bit later on and lay out my own thoughts on the subject, but until then please read Henry Porter's account, which is expressed far better than I can probably manage.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 pm, Blogger Arabella said...

Late, as usual. Interesting stuff!
But Churchill looking down benignly upon protesters - bollocks! If they were miners or Irish or just working class of any hue whatsoever, the old bulldog would have sent in the cavalry, swords drawn, at the drop of a cigar, methinks.
Milk and no sugar, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home