Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So very tired

It occurs to me, as I think I've mentioned previously, that acting at the Lion & Unicorn pub/theatre is not doing wonders for my general state. Crime & Punishment is now finished with until we hit Edinburgh this August.

On the other hand, I've had a break from the alcohol thing over the past day or two. This is a good thing, but the post-hangover hangover meant I didn't sleep at all well last night, and I had to be up early anyway for workaday job.

And tomorrow, there's the first get-on-your-feet rehearsal for the Seagul (performances 11-16 July). So once again, I'm not going to get much sleep: Travel from West London to North London on up to four buses takes some time.

Given that, I never go home between rehearsal and workaday job, and by the time I get home at night there's no time to cook, which I enjoy. Just for the hell of it, below is my signature dish. Not too complex, but pretty nice.

Bright sides: Workaday job allows me plenty of time to learn lines. I went to the pub tonight and didn't drink (apart from lemonade). And in Edinburgh one of my friends will probably cook some of his curries which are the best I've ever had. So things aren't too bad.

Vegetable risotto (experiment with amounts to taste):
Chop up some peppers, spring onions, onion, mushrooms, garlic. Prepare about three quarters of a pint of vegetable stock (I always use Oxo, but I imagine others would do). Open a tin of chopped tomatoes.

Fry the onion and garlic in vegetable oil, and add a shallow plateful of white rice. Add the chopped tomatoes. Add the other vegetables. Add the stock. Simmer for about twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add some frozen peas and sweetcorn, mixed herbs, black pepper. Simmer for a further five to ten minutes. Eat.

I think that's more or less it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home