Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Friday, March 02, 2007

Going around and coming around

I was at the Phoenix Artists' Club last night (or, as everyone except the manager calls it, Shuttleworths) and noticed a ten pond note on the floor by the bar. I picked it up and asked the customers next to me and my friend whether it was theirs. They said no, so after a moment of consideration - do I keep the tenner, given my relative poverty - I handed it to the barman, feeling generally good about my moral health. And in a piece of instant karma, the barman gave me the two pints on the house.

So everyone wins. Except whoever lost the tenner in the first place...

4 Comments:

At 11:00 am, Blogger Billy said...

2 pints on the house... that's what you have to do then...

 
At 4:16 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Karma seems to have been an important force in the universe recently. I clearly have to start being nicer...

 
At 8:13 am, Blogger Valerie said...

I dropped a twenty-dollar bill on the university campus once, as I was walking to the coffee cart. I was a little sad for a while (though I still had enough dough left for a coffee), and then I started to think how happy I would have been, as a student, to find a twenty on the ground. It would have made my week. You probably made the barman's day, at the very least.

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger llewtrah said...

He charged you £5 for each pint? You wuz robbed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home