Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Back once again

First post since the holidays finished. It's been a while, and since the last one I've survived two colds and the (mercifully brief) loss of my voice. It's interesting how many people think you're making some kind of joke when you tell them (whispering, obviously) that you've lost your voice. What sort of joke would that be, I ask? The beginning of a bizarre practical joke aimed at a complete stranger? I may have a somewhat twisted sense of humour, but I'm also far too lazy to come up with something like that.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. Since not too much else of note has happened since (barring Director Friend's stag night last night which was very much a standard night out, just with a meal at the front) I shall now list a few of my Christmas presents. I hope everyone else liked theirs.

- Angel Srs. 5 and Amistad on DVD, both of which I'd requested and so was very happy to have recieved, though I haven't gotten around to watching Amistad yet.

- Slippers and dressing gown. Fortunately I already own a pipe, but annoyingly, I don't smoke it.

- Homer Simpson socks. And Homer Simpson slippers from my sister. I'm guessing she and my mum didn't consult on the slipper front. And I've received a pair of slippers from my parents before...

- Whisky liqueurs. No-one else here seems to like them, but I think they're very nice.

- Money. Always very useful. Some of it will shortly be spent on some new trainers. Currently I only have my boots and my work shoes. And three pairs of slippers.

Until next time,

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer, as quoted on my new socks.

6 Comments:

At 10:14 am, Blogger Unknown said...

All of those are better than the truly, truly hideous fluffy shoe-lamp thing that I received from my aunt at Christmas.

In the words of my cantankerous (and slightly ungrateful) grandfather, "She'd have been better off giving me the cash".

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger Billy said...

You should go to the shoe shop down the road and get them to reinforce the soles of one of the pairs of slippers, then wear them out and about.

 
At 4:03 am, Blogger llewtrah said...

How about getting one of those long ciggie holder things? You could relax in dressing gown and slippers while genteely puffinf one of those (and it stops tar staining on the fingers).

 
At 10:26 am, Blogger Arabella said...

A paint-on pencil moustache and you'd be quite the Terry Thomas.

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger corin said...

Just looked up Terry Thomas on wikipedia. He looks damned scary.

 
At 12:00 am, Blogger llewtrah said...

Eh-hem Corin, what was this I hear about oversleeping and missing the coach (among other things) on Saturday? Will you be revealing all on this blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home