Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Sunday, March 18, 2007

She had hair the colour of phoenix fire

I've come up with a fairly loose editorial policy, as it seems to be the done thing. I've decided that my posts will come about once every two weeks (just because that seems to be how often I get the time to do more than comment on other people's). Also, I'll be going with a point of controversy and/or list of some sort, alternating with an update on the life of this particular big old geek.

So for this fortnight, I have a question. Billy and I were discussing this earlier and would like to ask if anyone can clarify something for us. I don't know, possibly one of you secretly works for a shampoo company. Anyway, you must all have seen the adverts for various cosmetic products touting the idea that if you use their product your hair will be 30% shinier.

OK. If that's the case, then shininess is quantifiable. What, then, is 100% shiny? Is it when looking at your hair damages your retina, as when you look at the sun? And if your hair has 0% shine, does it suck the light from the universe like a black hole growing from your head? Answers on a postcard, please.

By the way, I'd just like to take this opportunity to express my relief that Wales were able to win at least one game in the Six Nations this year. And if you're going to win only one Six Nations match, it's obviously best for that to the the England game.

-Gangs of tough, sinewy youths roam the countryside terrifying people with their close-harmony singing.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:51 pm, Blogger Valerie said...

I actually have a Ph.D. in vision science and can certify that you are absolutely correct.

Also, Medusa's hair must have been 100% shiny. Guess when you use those super-expensive shampoos, your hair turns into snakes! Careful, girls.

 
At 12:05 am, Blogger llewtrah said...

And what about shampoos that leave your hair 30% smoother? As someone whose hair (when allowed to express its natural form) is non shiny and non smooth and like Medusa on a bad hair day, I challenge the claims of those shampoos!

At the weekend, Billy was amazed to discover I don't own or use hair spray. No "is she or isn't she" Sinsulk roudn here.

 
At 5:57 am, Blogger Arabella said...

Haven't got a clue, but you and Billy would be great pub companions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home