Warning: Rants likely for at least 5 paragraphs

Monday, June 12, 2006

A lesson in audience psychology?

I've never been a big fan of Big Brother. I watched the first series. When I think of the stuff I was doing then it seems a very long time ago. Anyway, I've been looking through other people's blogs here and merrily posting away, and I've randomly got Big Brother on in the background.

It's quarter to two in the morning, so BB is mainly shots of someone I don't know in bed. The strange thing is, you can hear things going on off-screen, but they never cut to the action. All we can see is someone in bed.

So my question is this? Is this a deliberate ploy by the producers to keep us watching: Do we think to ourselves, any minute now they'll cut to what we can hear and it'll be really exciting! And all the while the producers know that if ever they do cut to something else we'll realise that it is, in fact, the purest mundanity and switch to News 24 instead?

Answers on a postcard please.

Not really. Much easier to just leave a comment.

-Book 'em, Lou. One count of being a bear. And one count of accessory to being a bear.
Chief Wiggam

1 Comments:

At 12:06 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I always maintain I'm not a BB fan ("Urgh, cheap voyeurism," etc etc etc) but, in truth, I am.

Well, that's enough embarrassing myself for one day, I'll get my coat...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home